Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Space Friends

This is a video of Demetri Martin singing about his My Space friends. I thought it might be appropriate for our social networking talks in class.




I understand this song because I can't keep up with the 20 friends I have on Facebook. I am a Facebook failure. How do we know when someone is writing on our wall and not someone else's? The email notifiers about people writing on the wall is sort of a band aid for me. It doesn't fix the problem of me being confused.


How do people have enough time to create My Space pages that play songs, play videos, display awful poetry, and allow the creator to argue with people making comments? How can anyone keep up with the chatter on Facebook? I am not the best time manager, but seriously, anyone who has an answer-- please let me know what I'm doing wrong. I haven't hung up clothes for 2 weeks; I still have fencing not attached to fence posts; I'm running on 5 to 6 hours of sleep when I need 9; I haven't cooked anything since Christmas; I haven't had enough time to get a haircut in about 8 months; and I still have a mini-Christmas tree from early December that I haven't planted. I have no idea how it's surviving in its tiny plastic cup. I am completely amazed at how people are able to use these networking systems to such a great extent.

But really, anyone out there who works, goes to school, has a non-computer based social life, yet still has time to do My Space, Twitter, and Facebook, please let me know your secret. The laundry is piling up and I'm wearing the same 5 outfits all the time; the fence is unstable; I'm constantly irritated from lack of sleep; my hair is heavy; my husband is hungry; and my tree is going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment